You're a child of the 80's if:
1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word "PSYCH!"
2. You watched the Pound Puppies.
3. You can sing the rap to the "Fresh Prince of Bel Air." (still do it every time, baby.)
4. You wore biker shorts under your skirts and felt stylish.
5. You yearned to be a member of the Baby-Sitters Club and tried to start a club of your own.
6. You owned those lil Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls. (And the stickers, eh.)
7. You know that "WOAH" comes from Joey on Blossom.
8. Two words: M.C. Hammer.
9. If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock."
10. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars.
11. You can sing the entire theme song to "Duck Tales." (Life is like a Hurrica-a-ane, here in Duckberg... And we can't forget Tale Spin!)
12. You remember when it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons. (Oh, the freakin' MEMORIES. Good times.)
13. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head. (Yes, but, well, that trend evaporated rather quickly with me.)
14. You saw the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" on the big screen.
15. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school. (Still own and love it.)
16. You made your Mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side. (I tied my own on bad days.)
17. You played the game "MASH". (HA! You're married to Shawn, you live in a shack, you have 40 quazillion kids, your dress is puke green, and you have a cardboard box for a car...)
18. You wore a Jordache Jean jacket and you were proud of it.
</b>19. L.A. Gear...
20. You wanted to change your name to "JEM" in Kindergarten. (You know, I really didn't; Ackbar or Leia, sure, but not JEM.)
21. You remember reading "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing" and all the Ramona books.
22. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF."
23. You wanted to be a Goonie. (Sean Astin all mini-like!! Giggles abounnd.)
24. You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (like that hat Mum made me wear into the Notre Dame cathedal so they woudn't lose me.)
25. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off.
26. You have pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
27. You took lunch pails to school. (What, the cheap red plastic kind? I had the 101 dalmations kind, with matching backpack...)
28. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets. (So stylish, and yet SO painful.
29. You still get the urge to say "NOT" after every sentence. NOT!
30. You remember Hypercolor T-shirts.
31. Barbie and the Rockers was your favorite band.
32. You thought She-Ra and He-Man should hook up.
33. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged friendship bracelets.
34. You ever owned a pair of jelly shoes. (Ah, the time wasted trying to convince my mother to buy me a pair of those.)
35. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I?"
36. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up!" )YOu know I do, but from where?)
37. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates. (Barbie pink-shiny-glitter-crap skates! Lovin' it.)
38. You ever got seriously injured on a Slip'n'Slide. (When it's dry, yes.)
39. You have ever played with a Skip-It. (And I still have it lying around, I'm sure of it.)
40. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonald's.
41. You've gone through this list occasionally saying "totally awesome."
42. You remember Popples.
43. "Don't worry, be happy."
44. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks. (No, my fashion consisted much more of my dogtags, Massacre Rocks t-shirt, and snazzy bike shorts. The height of cool!)
45. You wore socks scrunched down.
46. "Miss MARY MACK MACK, all dressed in BLACK BLACK BLACK" ...alternatively... "Susie had a steamboat, the steamboat had a bell, Susie went to heaven, the steamboat went to HELLO operator, give me #9, and if you disconnect me, I'll cut off your beHIND the 'frigerator, there lay a piece of glass, if you fall upon it, you'll cut your little ASK me any question... (...or a slight variation on that, yes.)
47. You remember boom boxes vs. CD players. (I remember making 'the big step' into the world of compact diskses...)
48. You remember watching both "Gremlins" movies.
49. You know what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare!"
50. You remember watching Rainbow Brite and My Little Ponies. (Okay, the bell rings after they're playing, and they go into school to BAKE FUCKIN' COOKIES. How does that work?)
51. You thought Doogie Howser was hot.
52. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.
53. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool.
54. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By the Bell," the ORIGINAL class.
55. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME.
And my personal additions:
What was there to do other than play Chinese jumprope?
You couldn't help but find your self mesmerized by Jared, the goblin king, in Labyrinth.
I'll post something relevant soon, I swear.