1. If you could live in another time, but not know it, so you arguably couldn’t appreciate it as much – it would be as if you had grown up then – when would it be?
This is an interesting question, especially seeing how our archetypal view of time travel tends to deal with a temporary and heavily idealized visit to another time period. Although I would love the chance to see Egypt during its pharaonic peak or to meet Oscar Wilde, I'd have to take into consideration the repercussions of living in each respective era... Less rights, different political and religious systems, higher chance of death, etc. Hm. I suppose I'd try to go back to the time period most suited to my existance as an artist, but then I'd have to take into account the fact that I'm female and that it would be more difficult for me to find training, so I'm just going to throw all caution into the wind and say the 1800's when landscape artists like Church and Moran were first exploring the North American wilderness... As long as I was allowed to steer clear of society in general.
Would this mean I'd get to meet Atrus? Sweet.
2. If I gave you a million dollars, where would the first place be you’d travel to? Why?
Assuming that there would be more money left over, I'd head across the pond to (and I'm sure Chelsea would approve) Scotland for an extended stay. My last visit, although filled to the brim with activities and goings-on, was far too brief; I'd love the chance to just sit and appreciate the country for a month or so... Visit some more castles, sit on that Rohirric section of Hadrian's wall when twilight isn't threatening to make me slip down the steps to my DOOM, listen to more accents. Aheh.
3. Among your plethora of Nerd T-Shirts – what is your Nerdiest?
My velcro T-shirt has the potential to be the nerdiest, seeing how the first time I wore it I had the opening words of Beowulf plastered across my chest (Hwaet We-Gardena), but I'm pretty sure it ties with my Myst III: Exile/SQUEEEEE shirt.
4. How do you take your tea?
Twining's English Breakfast with milk & two sugars, and the water has to be scalding so the flavor really permeates.
5. Why is Poindexter the best boyfriend to get in the Barbie: Queen of the Prom Game?
As if the sexy red hair and thick glasses weren't enough, he plays a mean game of D&D.
"...and here are the rules:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions.
3. You will update your journal with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions."